Sunday 4 November 2012

Further reading

I have spent this weekend visiting family and, during car journeys and downtime, reading Lee Sheldon's 'The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing Coursework as a Game'. I really enjoyed his down-to-earth style and readable prose. There are a good variety of case studies too, in addition to detail about his own experiences of gaming the classroom. I'm now looking forward to reading his blog to dig further into the detail.

My enthusiasm has been infectious. I've talked through my gamification project with my 16-year-old son, who is now also excited by the concept. He has provided his own insights and suggestions.

I do probably need a fallow period to consolidate thoughts and ideas (I have too many to allow for a simple and workable classroom system).

Meanwhile, the reading will continue - next stop Jane McGonigal's 'Reality is Broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment